View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Shockmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
I think you are nuts for thinking that, but I can respect it. Letang is very important to this team. But losing Martin at the same time while adding Murray has compounded the negative effect of not having Letang in the lineup. We have guys like Despres, Maatta, and Pouliot in the pipeline that will help lessen the blow of losing Letang. We don't have a Malkin lite in the pipeline so losing him would be devastating.
Depends on what Malkin would bring back in a trade. Letting him walk would be devastating, but trading him and getting a lot back in return could benefit the team in other ways.

Maatta and Pouliot are highly touted prospects, but so far that's all they are - prospects. Martin is a good puck moving defenseman and certainly did his share to minimize the effect of losing Letang, but he's in his 30's and only has two years left on his deal after this.

So yes, all things considering, I would say Letang is more important long-term.

Quote:
Malkin took a discount to play here before. He will do the same to stay. He will continue to average $8.7 million per season with more money on the back end (not making $3 million) at the expense of money on the front end (not making $12 million to start).
Are you his agent?

I hope this is true, but don't count on it.

Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote