View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 10:38 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
I'm so sick of goalie debates..every freakin season that I can remember besides the first 3 years of Hextall's tenure until his groin injuries we've had mediocre goaltending. I mean even with Hextall his rookie year was the only one that stood out. The subsequent years including his second stint with the Flyers, his career was marred with soft goals. Look at his save percentage year to year and career wise..it was primarily below 90% and ended as such. Really, the goalie carousel in Philly is just epic. Cechmanek, Biron and Beezer were the only goalies I can recall since Hextall's vezina year that posted respectable save percentages and GAA's in consecutive years and made situational saves only to crap the bed in the playoffs. The rest of the goalies in and out of Philly like Esche had one good year and then would pretty much suck. Bryz so far has been mediocre the whole time here. With him I really don't think he has the mental makeup to be the franchise goalie we thought we were getting no matter how much the D and team D is improved by some miracle. He needs to be amnestied. I also have very little confidence in Mason but he hasn't been given a fair shake just yet. I want to see him grab the bull by the horns once he gets his chances. If he is Bryz's doppleganger I want him out pronto as well. Bring in somebody with some kind of competitive drive and willingness to learn..you know like a Bob!