View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Bob Lemoche

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
I strongly doubt Subban will win the Norris. It will most likely be Ryan Suter.

Subban is excellent, but his ice time will play against him. You cannot win the Norris if you don't even have #1 ice time on your own team.
That would be dumb but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Subban had the most ice time by a fair margin last year and he wasn't as good as he is this year.

Therrien used him less in the first month because he missed the start of the season and because he wanted to establish who was the boss (at least I think that's why he did it because Subban was excellent from the get go).

Since then he's getting the most quality minutes of the team... playing against top opposition like he was last year and he's on the ice as much as possible whenever the tean needs it the most (tie game, trailing by one, leading by one). However, Therrien again hurts his TOI stat by getting him a bit less ice time in the games that we lead by a few goals... (I actually like it since we'll see a fresher Subban for the playoffs which is important considering the density of the season)

Journalists who votes for Norris won't know/look into all this however and they are probably gonna draw false conclusions by looking at that TOI stat. Heck even local journalists following the team that call themselves hockey experts don't know what the hell they are talking about half the time sooo...

Bob Lemoche is offline   Reply With Quote