Thread: Speculation: Who should the Flyers amnesty?
View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 11:46 AM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 50
Briere this summer for sure. He doesn't seem to have much left, and at his age I don't see him rebounding to a level where I would feel ok about having his cap hit on the books. Yes he's a proven playoff performer, but that was in the past and he'll be 36 next season. Other than a handful of guys (Lidstrom) at 36 years old their game really regress and I don't see Briere being one of those guys that can play at his past level at that age.

Bryz I'm fine with waiting until next summer to possibly amnesty him. There doesn't look to be anything great on the FA market this summer for goal tending. It gives a year to sort out the goal tending situation either making a trade or moving forward with Bryz or Mason. If Homer is able to trade for another goalie then I'd probably be in favor of buying out Bryz., but I'm not ready to hand over the goal tending to Mason and a question mark.

Mez has been bad this year and injury prone in general. I would prefer not to have him on the team. But there is a possibility you could find someone who would trade for him (not a huge possibility but certainly more so than Bryz or Briere). Besides with his history there is a decent likely hood he ends up on LTIR anyway.

Pronger goes on LTIR no need to buy him out when other clearly need it more.

Last edited by whatthef: 04-09-2013 at 11:51 AM.
whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote