View Single Post
04-09-2013, 12:57 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by DontPass2Clarkson View Post
That's a pretty big exaggeration. First - see my user name lol. At the peak of his ridiculous goal scoring pace early this season, some were saying he's a legitimate top 6 player. But there was also a conversation around this -

"If I had to explain to someone why David Clarkson is a good hockey player, I don't think I'd be able to do it."

All people could really come up with was - gritty style, good along the boards, and good at deflections. That's seriously ALL he is good at. Every other skill is poor-to-mediocre.
Basically what you're saying is it comes down to hockey smarts. I could see that. I don't think he'll be a 30 goal scorer again, but if I could get a player like him for about 3.25 mill a year at most, I'd do it.*

However, I think some team overpays him 4+ million, possibly 5 and he gets his payday. I see him as a more of a goal scoring version of Brandon Dubinsky. They both take dumb penalties here and there because of their style of play and emotion level and neither one will wow you with hockey smarts, but are versatile players who can do the small things that help you win.

Last edited by The Amity Affliction: 04-09-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Typo
The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote