View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 01:57 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Dvorak and Lombardi are typical Murray acquisitions. Just soft and useless in the playoffs. He could have gotten a gritty player like Rafi Torres, but instead he lets him go to a rival (SJ)
Now Lombardi is a player I will admit is soft. He's been completely ineffective since he's been here. I don't know if he's too afraid to go into the middle of the ice or fight for a loose puck but he's just not doing it. I can't wait for Bonino to get healthy.

Dvorak though has been really solid. He goes into the corners, digs out loose pucks, cycles, goes to the net. What's wrong with any of that? Oh yeah, he's not crushing a guy every shift. Because that's what he needs to do. He needs to get the puck and create offense and he did that constantly last night. He's a +3 in 5 games since coming here. I don't know you get it into your head that the playoffs and suddenly they're playing a different game. Yes it's more intense but it's still hockey. Dvorak also has two Cup runs under his belt so I think he knows what's in store. The dude single-handily provided enough offense to win last night and he still gets crap.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote