View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Ail
Kidmograph tho.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Funny, would you then complain if MDZ had 12-15 minutes because Torts is too hard on the Rangers young players? I believe you would.

People can't have it both ways, he either sticks to his guns, or makes changes. Either way people complain.
To be fair I don't think it would draw the ire of many if DZ saw lowered ice time for one game since he is logging 20+ most nights. It's different with guys like Kreider because he is less experienced and getting egregiously low ice time most games in NY when he needs more to adapt and learn.

As far as anyone mentioning Boyle goes the only problem with him I had last night was he was yet again on the PP. I know people are quick to say, "go with what works that unit is scoring goals!" However the problem here besides the obvious that Boyle is not useful on the PP is that the best offensive 4 forward and one defensemen unit needs to be out there as much as possible. It's important these players develop chemistry and get some consistency for the stretch and possibly playoffs. Torts had zero issue breaking up the Hagelin-Stepan-Nash line during a 4 game win streak just to try and jump start Richards. However he is now stubbornly icing a questionable PP unit just because it was working after a trade where new players were riding the adrenaline. There is no reason a 3/4 player like Boyle needs to see the PP. Clowe is a superior option. Even if he wants to run the same unit sans Boyle and adding MZA or Stepan, that's an improvement.