Thread: News Article: Don't boo the rookies
View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Daz28

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
I've been to a ton of NYR games over the years (usually when they are hosting Buffalo).

I'm not sure that's a comparison you really want to make. The Rangers fans can be pretty loud and raucous. And there are hecklers, but by and large they don't boo their own team the way that Buffalo fans do, even when they are playing bad.

Not sure what happened to the Buffalo crowd. Back in the 90s, it seemed like the crowd was louder, more chanting, and less negative/cynical/pessimistic. Granted, the team hasn't been good this year, but it seems this way even during wins.

Of course, I don't get to many games in Buffalo anymore, and maybe I'm not really getting an accurate picture over TV.
There is nothing left of the passion of the Sabres games that I grew up going to. I find it to be barely enjoyable, even. Maybe some of the circumstances surrounding the team and the Bills have soured fans to a point where they are just plain sour?

Also, I watch at least 200 regular season NHL game every season, and I don't see irrational booing during tie games or wins.

Daz28 is offline   Reply With Quote