View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 02:02 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
If they were to move Granlund over Larsson, the only real projectable scorer that they would have is Zucker. While I've stated my admiration around here up and down for Zucker's game for years now, that's a lot of eggs in one basket.

Of course you also can take that into the realm of reasonable aim in relation to absolute ceiling discussion, but it still should hold some weight. The Wild have a lot of promising prospects but very few look to have an it factor to their games. Many just look like strong, capable NHL players for years; Larsson fits into that role. Granlund, Brodin, Zucker, and perhaps even Dumba have the tools to go above and beyond if all goes well.

Losing Larsson has a pretty good chance to look like a mistake when he's a team's glue guy playing in all situations years down the line. Part with Granlund (or Zucker/Dumba) and I think it's one of those types of situations where a fan base is left wondering just what in the hell happened.

It's the risk teams take when trading in hockey (as well as baseball) with completely unproven talent. As far as this actual NHL team is concerned, they just got a large boost in adding a legit first line player without parting with anything on roster. I'm completely fine moving every asset that moved in this deal. I do think it was absolutely a bit too much to move this early in the process and for the position, but they targeted the right sort of player if that was the goal. I would have looked at the back end but, if any of those players were out there, it's likely completely reasonable that they'd be looking for more proven (and ready) talent.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote