Thread: Speculation: 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 05:29 PM
gudzilla

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Sorry, i meant Lindholm has greater offensive capabilities compared to Monahan.

Lindholm won't hit Backstrom's peak (which has been and gone, he won't hit 100 again). Different type of player.

National styles are overstated. We don't know who will be be NHL leaders down the line. Barkov has tremendous work ethic. Haven't heard any concerns over Lindholm and his dedication. People get confused between obvious leadership abilities and what really matters ; hard work and dedication. I don't particularly care the type of style a player has, but if he's talented and works really hard off the ice, usually he'll be successful.

Still, i can understand reasons for taking Monahan over Lindholm.
i'm from sweden and i can't stand the way swedish players play in general. personally i think KD can make a great player out of him, but in general it's just red wings that have made the new era of swedish players great. they are just way too soft imo

personally i prefer a godlike leader with gritty great overall play than a soft euro who put up a fewm ore points.

i think euros work hard but they just dont grow up with same physical play and many dont want to learn it. landeskog played in chl and got it, he's one of few great young swedes imo