Thread: Player Discussion: Jason Pominville Part II
View Single Post
04-09-2013, 06:14 PM
30 goal grinder
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Have you actually seen them together in person? I have. They're close in speed, but no way is Larsson slower than Coyle. And Larsson plays like a center. He's comfortable in the middle of the ice. Coyle takes things outside. So there you go.

Sorry to see that you don't know what a troll is.

Is it really that unfair to compare a top NHL prospect with a pair of offensively-struggling bottom-6 grinders? Seriously, have we lowered our standards for acceptability that far? Great, he's a big guy with good hands. Well then where's the production that should come with that? If he has all these advantages, the results should be there. But they've been missing in both pro leagues this year. He makes one good play every game or two and then everyone has a crush on him. Give me a break.

I'm sorry, but Coyle is fairly slow overall, although it's an average speed for a big guy. At least he plays that way. Just watch him. You'll see it. And when I say perimeter player, I mean along the boards and down by the net. In other words, not the middle. And who is suggesting that he's peaked? Hey, your words, not mine.
He's a ROOKIE!
He has 3 goals in the last 5 games. The production will come. With most rookies it just takes time.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote