View Single Post
04-09-2013, 09:47 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
I like lavi but with such a young team we need actual coaching to make them strong players. I'd personly like Ted Nolan. I think how he coaches will stunt our young players. Lavi is more suited for a team like the pens or hawks
I used to like Lavy, but watching them play this year, even before all the D got hurt, I kept asking myself whether they had any coaches at all.

There is no D zone coverage. None of the forwards seem to know their assignments. Or if they do, but ignore them, there are no consequences. I'm not even going to talk about all the bad penalties.

The team has tuned him out. The old 'early timeout to scream at them' doesn't work. Lavy needs to go and Berube needs to go with him.

What we need is a young, disciplined coach like Peter DeBoer, who came up from Jr and knows the game and how to teach a young team how to play a structured game. I haven't scanned the entire Jr and AHL ranks for 'next one' of coaching, but someone like Dallas Eakins for example, would be a better option.

The 'system' Lavy is trying to use, whatever it is, only works against teams that don't play D, like Pittsburgh, and then only sometimes.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote