View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 10:02 PM
bucks_oil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
I agree. He has had his moments this year but he has also taken a major step back in terms of his ability to keep up with the play and to compete game in and game out.

I am not sure what will happen the rest of this year, but I honestly think they have to have the talk with him at the end of the year. He can't play above the 4th line anymore with any constistency and next year there will be no room at the inn.

While the honorable thing to do might appear be to let him retire and give him a job in the organization, a compliance buyout saves cap space and gives him a nice parting gift.
This all sounds about right... If it is me, I'd invite him back as our 12th-B forward. Meaning he's the 12th forward any 2 nights of the week he wants. And put him on the second powerplay (still amazes me we aren't using him for his skill in front... perhaps he's too banged up to take the abuse).

In between those games he can PB and be a good mentor/teacher.

But if he stays, then Jones & Petrell have to go. We can't afford to have so many guys with limited grit and limited hockey sense in the bottom 6. If it isn't a Pisani type (no banging, but solid defensively with excellent hockey sense), then it better be a Torres/Grier type (pain to play against and half decent offensively).

What ever happened to the Mike Ricci types? It seems like forever since we developed a solid checker for our team! (suppose that's what happens when you don't have a farm team)

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote