View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 10:14 PM
TheKingPin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I used to like Lavy, but watching them play this year, even before all the D got hurt, I kept asking myself whether they had any coaches at all.

There is no D zone coverage. None of the forwards seem to know their assignments. Or if they do, but ignore them, there are no consequences. I'm not even going to talk about all the bad penalties.

The team has tuned him out. The old 'early timeout to scream at them' doesn't work. Lavy needs to go and Berube needs to go with him.

What we need is a young, disciplined coach like Peter DeBoer, who came up from Jr and knows the game and how to teach a young team how to play a structured game. I haven't scanned the entire Jr and AHL ranks for 'next one' of coaching, but someone like Dallas Eakins for example, would be a better option.

The 'system' Lavy is trying to use, whatever it is, only works against teams that don't play D, like Pittsburgh, and then only sometimes.
I'm all for a coach like deboer. Just really need to teach these kids that skating hard isn't the only thing in hockey. There is a reason why no talent teams are successful. We are not a no talent team. Really really hoping mason works and we can coach him well. If so him plus our team with additions and new solid coaching make us contenders.

TheKingPin is online now   Reply With Quote