View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 11:31 PM
kihei

vCash: 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Just got back from the Toronto show.

Amazing. It was the fourth time I've seen them and this was the best one yet. I was lucky enough to get against the guardrail too so I had a wicked viewing spot. I wasn't a huge fan of 2nd Law but a lot of the songs translate live amazingly especially Unsustainable and Madness. I was a bit bummed that none of Origin of Symmetry was played nor was Hysteria but it was still amazing.

By far, the best portion of the evening was during the encore break when the entire building lit up with camera flashlights and literally illuminated the entire building while people screamed. A breathtaking sight.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...f&notif_t=like

10/10. Best live act I've seen. I wish I was going again tomorrow.

Setlist from tonight for those interested - likely with errors, my memory ain't perfect:

Isolated System
Supremacy
Map of the Problematique
Supermassive Black Hole
Panic Station
Resistance
Knights of Cydonia
Explorers
Follow Me
Undisclosed Desires
United States of Eurasia
Madness
Time is Running Out
Liquid State
Stockholm Syndrome
Unsustainable
Uprising

Starlight
Survival
Third time for me. They have better taste in their live song lists than they sometimes have on their studio albums, but they always seem to leave the really self-indulgent stuff out of their programmes. And then the stuff they chose to play in concert, they just transform, making the songs so much more powerful live than in the studio. And another presentation and light show that has to be seen to be believed. They somehow manage to keep topping themselves. Great, great concert band.

Excellent set list, though I could have lived without Panic Station.

Last edited by kihei: 04-10-2013 at 11:40 AM.
kihei is online now   Reply With Quote