View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
To me, Corsi is most valuable to explain why a good team that doesn't seem like it should be good, is. Or explaining why a bad team that should be good on paper, isn't.

When you get into "this team really is good by the numbers, but not on the scoreboard", that seems like excuse making to me. It's great that our Corsi is good, but I'd rather be winning.
Of course everyone would prefer winning.

The issue is that the tale of the scoreboard doesn't necessarily indicate who the better team is over small sample sizes. This has been proven over and over. It's perfectly natural to be upset when the team loses. But to assail every aspect of the team and irrationally criticize our GM, our coach, and our players out of hindsight is taking it a step further, which is what a lot of people on here do.

Quote:
Agreed. I'd also rather be watching the team with my eyes than sitting around on behind the net all day.
The two aren't mutually exclusive. I watch most games and still keep up to date with behindthenet, and lo and behold, the latter doesn't take me more than a couple minutes each day.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote