Thread: Speculation: Trade Proposals Thread
View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 08:50 AM
dethomas07

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think you're lowballing Girardi's worth here. Hes a workhorse, hes a right handed shot, and hes durable.

With that said, I agree that if the Rangers are forced to trade a top 4 D-man it should be Girardi. Problem is we'd need a RH D-man to replace him - a good one. So, Girardi ++ for Kane, doesnt make that much sense for this team.

Girardi is a guy, however, whose perceived value around the league is higher than his actual value. Would be a good sell high opportunity.
that right there is why he willl not and i mean willl not be moved before staal, dz..

Top 4 Right handed dman are like trying to find number 1c.... they are rarely available.. he will be here long term.. he will decide if he wants to go or not.. not the other way around.. i dont understand why people thing he's a tradable asset.. we will never get someone who can bring what he can bring.. why would you want to get rid of that? I understand for the right return but its a hard position to fill.. If sauer was healthy and McIrath can be guarenteed to be top 4.. then yeah but both are HUGE Question marks soo.. DZ or Staal willl go before..

But to be honest all 4 of our d will be here long term unless they decide they want to walk.. its so hard to build a core of d as homegrown as we are.. this group is the closest i've seen seen home grown wise since NJ had Nieds, rafalsky stevens danyko.. cap will go up after next year so a more comfortable level so IMO none walk.. And they are playing on center stage i doubt they want to play anywhere else regardless of contract offers they may get..