Old
04-10-2013, 09:06 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Getting really tired with all the crap about Price. There is a reason that he is being talked about as Canada's goalie in Sochi. It's because he's that good. If you breakdown the goals he lets in, you'll find he doesn't get beaten cleanly very often. Tips, screens, scrambles, tap ins, own goals and misfires that he overplays are the vast majority of goals.

I know as Habs fans, we seem to have some kind of misconception that we know great goaltending. Clearly we don't. Price gives you the same chance of winning each night.

Go back and look at Halak's "spectacular" run. He was yanked three times after getting bombed. Swept against Philly. Didn't start game 3. (Price played very well that game but he didn't get much help) Halak was hailed as a hero because he made some "awesome" saves and withstood many barrages with the help of his D. Price doesn't make "awesome" saves very often. He doesn't have to because of his style.

I'm convinced that as Price gets older we will see he has yet another level. We are ridiculously spoiled as Habs fans that we can sit around a criticize a guy that every GM would trade their starter for in a minute.
Honestly, I am so tired of the stupid misconceptions about goaltending in this place that next season I am considering starting a blog that details goals against in every Habs game (Opposition will be taken into account as well to gain some perspective).

I can't stand the vocal minority who have no idea about the position and proclaim every goal that isn't a one-timer as a bad goal.