View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 09:21 AM
SavageSteve

vCash: 500
I think what we've seen is an aberration from the effects of a lockout , no training camp, compressed schedule, injuries aplenty to our players that WERE playing productively, and all of the bad habits these players have picked up without coaching/practice time to really work them out. Trotz is a coach for a marathon, not a sprint.

I feel confident that this team will be much better this time next year or we'll all what someone's head on the proverbial silver platter!

Fairly certain we'll get a defenseman that will be responsible enough within the system and rotation to allow Josi, Ellis or Weber to join the play more in the offensive zone and curb breakaways that leave Rinne hanging out to dry. When we play stout defense and our d-men are playing with one foot headed back towards their zone and puts way too pressure on forwards playing above their roles talent-wise to generate offense. When we cheat, we get burned with breakaways and odd-man rushes. Look at the Blues adding J-Bo and Leopold on the left side of their defense as they were consistently victimized the same way we've been much of the season to what we saw last night and in their previous game versus Detroit. That's our biggest issue IMO and with the cap going down figure GMDP will be able to address it swapping middling assets to help other teams get under the cap.

With the Admiral's guys getting experience and once our intended line-up gets healthy for next season, I feel fine going forward with this team. I will renew my tickets and have my guy night's out for yet another season!