View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Nashville Transplant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I don't think it's a joke at all. Only a small group of venues (Canadian markets, places like Fenway and Wrigley, and top end NFL) have your "true definition" of a sellout. Even with those, the secondary market has trouble selling EVERY ticket.
As a season ticket holder to the Los Angeles Kings games, starting back in the 75-76 season, and then periodically up through this past Stanley Cup winning season, I promise you that almost every time the PA announcer would say "Tonight's Attendance, 16,005 (The Forum) or 18,118 (Staples)," I could LMFAO because the Premiere or PR sections would be 50% full, yet I knew from first hand experience those people were essentially strongarmed into purchasing Kings tix if they wanted good Laker seats.

As recently as this post-Cup season I had the opportunity to go to a 5 game stretch in Feb, and all five were sellouts, and now while the PR sections are definitely CLOSER to capacity, there are small pockets of a few rows of seats in the 300's (which is more like the 600's because of the three levels of luxury boxes, rendering the players smaller than the old Nintendo guys) that remain empty. For those, Luc whips out his trusty Kings credit card and makes the game night purchase to allow the number to remain "a sellout."

Happens to the best of 'em

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote