View Single Post
04-10-2013, 09:50 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I think it is possible that Monahan will push Barkov down by the time the draft comes simply because of the passport. I could see a team like Calgary, who is desperate for a top line center, rating Monahan higher because he is Canadian. I wouldn't even be surprised if they took him 3rd overall over Drouin because of their need for a center.

Current Draft Order:
Colorado: Seth Jones
Florida : Mackinnon
Calgary: Monahan
Carolina: Drouin
Tampa Bay: Nichuskin
Philly: Barkov
Nashville: Lindholm
Buffalo: Shinkaruk
Edmonton: Nurse
If Feester took Monahan over Drouin, he should just hand in his resignation letter. One, you don't draft for need. Drouin is clearly a cut above Monahan. Two, Drouin could play center if they are that desperate to fill the role. At least trade back and add assets. Half the league would love to move up to 3 and take a player like Drouin.

Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I agree complete. But Jay Feaster is a bit of a wild card.He reached on Jankowski last year. He offersheeted Ryan OReilly as if he was a top line center. I could see him picking the Canadian over the Finn if their evaluation is close.
Canadian vs. Finn? I think you're looking too much into it. Barkov is the superior player. He's a big two-way pivot that has already dominated the men's game at age 17. He's nearly a full year younger than Monahan. Monahan is a nice player, but I don't see him as having #1 center upside. I think his offensive ceiling is lower than Couturier's of who he gets compared to often.

Jankowski has a lot of upside. It's too early to crush that pick. If he was born 3 days later, he'd just be entering this year's draft. O'Reilly is a 22 year old center with a strong two-way game and a developing offensive game. Hard to fault the Flames for going after him.