Thread: Speculation: Off-Season 2013
View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 11:39 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
You know, i've been thinking and trying to scour some rosters for some potential buy-low candidates and I found one that i'd like, and another that isn't a buy-low but could be productive for less than Vinnys cost.

First buy low thought is Ian Cole. With Redden and JayBo he doesn't seem to see the ice a lot, but was a great defender for Team USA and has looked decent when playing for the Blues, but seems to play a little scared of making a mistake. I still think he has the chops to be a top four defender and maybe for a midrange prospect or something we could pry him away.

As for the other filling the 2C slot and all the turmoil the team has, Paul Stastny might be available and I think would be a solid fit with some more shoot-first players like Purcell and maybe a Panik type or something.
Depending on what Avs management is doing with ROR, Statsny could be available. If ROR is going to be shipped out, they can't trade Statsny.

And Avs have history of shipping out players that play hardball against Avs hardballing. Well not similar to ROR but we'll see.

But Avs would want D coming back. The list of legit top4 Dman on Avs:

Erik Johnson.