View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 10:42 AM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimeoilfan View Post
With Hall, Eberle, and one can assume Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov, and the young Schultz all getting or expected to get substantial contracts, 5x5 is not affordable. IF that is what Gagner will be looking for, I wish him luck on getting it on whatever team he is traded to - and, for the record, I do like Gagner. "Accept it"... I will be quite disappointed/frustrated if Tambellini even offers it.

Admittedly, I am 'one of those' that don't see Gagner as the 2nd line center that this team needs. A good player no doubt, but not the player the team needs. He is kind of like the Batman at the end of the 2nd movie, "he's the [player Edmonton] deserves, but not the one it needs..." This is my opinion - and citing his points or his heart is not going to change my mind, because I agree that he is putting up the points and he has a lot of heart.
5X5 is affordable. It may not be the right value (I think its a touch high), but its affordable. The cap roll back won't affect salaries for long, it'll be heading up again starting the year after next, and we have tons of room so far next year. Its also tradeable, and pretty fair with market value (look at what Grabovski got, and I'd rank Gagner ahead of him by a fair margin). Its also tradeable in a few years when we need to move it, as we can't this summer unless we get a better center back.

Last edited by zeus3007*: 04-10-2013 at 10:49 AM.