View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Schenn is not 'weak' on faceoffs for a second year forward.

In the NHL facoffs are to so much of a higher level than in juniors, AHL etc that the average NHL centre comes into NHL on about 40-44% facoff percentage... then over the first 4-5 years they improve by an average of about 8-10%.

Anyone drafted, even if they are great at facoffs, is unlikely to be above 45-6%, never mind 50%.

If you don't believe me go and look at the NHL's best 20 centres faceoff % on entry and now... the minimum increase is about 5% and maximum about 15%!
Good stuff. I guess it would be a little premature to judge his faceoff ability, or any ability for that matter. I still think his best position would be wing. He had success at the end of his rookie year there and he seems at his best when he is plays a physical power forward game. A lot will depend on who the Flyers draft. If they get Barkov or Monahan, I would move Schenn to left wing and keep him there. I would probably do it anyway if Laughton is going to take over 3rd line center duties instead of playing wing himself.