Thread: Speculation: Off-Season 2013
View Single Post
04-10-2013, 11:46 AM
2 Weekes Notice
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
You know, i've been thinking and trying to scour some rosters for some potential buy-low candidates and I found one that i'd like, and another that isn't a buy-low but could be productive for less than Vinnys cost.

First buy low thought is Ian Cole. With Redden and JayBo he doesn't seem to see the ice a lot, but was a great defender for Team USA and has looked decent when playing for the Blues, but seems to play a little scared of making a mistake. I still think he has the chops to be a top four defender and maybe for a midrange prospect or something we could pry him away.

As for the other filling the 2C slot and all the turmoil the team has, Paul Stastny might be available and I think would be a solid fit with some more shoot-first players like Purcell and maybe a Panik type or something.
You mean Stastny as a candidate in the event Vinny gets bought out? Because, sure the term on Stastny is better, but he's making $6.6m per - so it only buys us about 1 million for a pretty severe downgrade.