View Single Post
Old
12-28-2003, 07:32 PM
NWT Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
I disagree with most of you.

I think the kids (Balej, Perezhogin, Beauchemin, Plekanec and maybe even Hossa) might develop better with a winning team... a team that scores often, and most importantly, a place where they're having fun and are not under media scrutiny.
I agree, and I have to say that things are already pretty logjammed with forwards up in Montreal already. Audette and his $3M isn't playing, and Perreault, Kilger and others seem to be on the bubble and rotating in and out of the 4th line.

Let the kids develop, even as tempting as it is to grab the hottest Bulldog everytime they make some waves down in Steeltown. What really impresses me is that there is now a nice core of players in Hamilton who all will make management give them a serious look out of camp next year if they keep it up like they are currently doing under Jarvis...those players being Pleks, Balej, Hainsey, Higgins and Perezhogin (of late he has been coming on more). When you look at bubble guys like Dags, Beauchy and Gratts who likely will be filler players, that is a pretty good farm system to help build around.