View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 11:54 AM
sandysan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
All the points he got is what makes the difference between playoffs or fighting to make them at the last minute.
I love what budaj has done but, that being said, if we went into the playoffs with him carrying the load, I don't know anyone who would not be concerned.

Has price been great this year, no. He's been okay but unlike years past the team is good enough to win games where he does NOT have to be stellar. I dont believe much in the notion that players who are underpreforming are " due" but I dont think price has lost what made him a great goalie.

I'm not convinced we are a cup contender this year, unless price gets on a streak, then I think we are as good as anyone. So I dont think our success in the playoffs is dependent on Price, but I'm pretty sure our ability to go deep is inextricably tied to him.

if he plays like he has been and we get an early exit, he will get more than his fair share of blame. if he goes white hot and the habs go deep, no one is going to remember the regular season performance ( which has not been bad or great, somewhere in between).

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote