View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 12:14 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
What is stopping Pekka from demanding a trade? He has watched Suter, Weber (possibly), and Erat all try to leave. We are consistently getting throttled, giving him no scoring support, and our defense is hardly stellar. Money isn't an issue, since he's getting his 7x7 deal wherever he goes. There would be a market for him, to say the least.

Mitch Korn is certainly a draw here, but if I'm Pekka, I don't know why I'm not headed for a big market to play behind a good team (Philly, Toronto, Detroit if Howard goes UFA, etc.)

I am beyond thrilled that he is, since we would be the single worst team in the league without him, but why is he staying? Team loyalty for giving him a shot? Mitch Korn? Why?
Maybe because unlike our fanbase he isn't panicked by one injury riddled bad half season. Maybe people in the room don't draw the same conclusions about players departures that you do. Maybe he knows that playing goalie on a team with a defense first philosophy is a pretty sweet place to be as opposed to the places you mentioned who seem to grind good goalies into dust.

Just sayin...