Thread: Speculation: Who should the Flyers amnesty?
View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 12:24 PM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post

I don't think Regehr and White are as good as Coburn. Streit and Hainsey are probably pretty good comparables. The challenge would be signing them. My guess is Hainsey is the #1 UFA defenseman target and will probably get the most interest, which means his price will likely be higher than what Coburn's is. Streit will be 36 next year and while he probably has a year or two left of solid hockey in him, I am not sure I would risk that in favor of losing Coburn for a pick or two.
Regehr is better then Coburn, Not a fan of White. The thing you get with Regehr is something you don't get with Coburn. consistency. Regehr has always been a good, solid consistent defender.
it would be a mistake to trade Coburn without a plan in place. That I agree with.
Coburn might be the most frustrating player on the roster. He is a guy that has all the physical tools and he just doesn't get it. For him I really think its all above the shoulders. He is like Pitkanen in that regard.

ill bring the name up again. Coburn is a bigger version of Randy Jones. Thats what I see when I see Coburn play.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote