Old
04-10-2013, 12:37 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Agreed.

When you make a trade on deadline day, you are paying the highest prices of the year for an asset. You only do that when you are desperate for an upgrade for that year.

We could easily have traded for Pominville this summer, and probably for a lot cheaper. It seems like Fletcher got desperate and made this move more out of panic than long-term thinking.

It was pretty clear to anyone watching the team they were in a downward spiral and the problem wasn't at right wing but at center and defense.

Is it really an upgrade though? Coyle's only going to get better, Pominville likely has hit his peak and will only decline.

Here's the thing, Pominville looks lost. He's turning the puck over like crazy. His offensive zone play is starting to get better, but in the D zone he's not doing anything for the breakouts and the only time I've seen him carry the puck through the neutral zone was a turnover that led to a goal.

If we're lucky and still make the playoffs, maybe he makes the adjustments in time. But that's a big if.

Again, smacks of desperation. Added a player not in a primary position of need, gave up two big assets in the process, and not necessarily something that helps the team short-term.
How come when I say this stuff I get yelled at but you don't? It's the blue tag isn't it?

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote