View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 01:40 PM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29Potvins View Post
Hah... so I have been using size 8 skates for the past 2 years.

After reading this thread I knew they were too big, so I went to my LHS to get sized up and look for new skates. I've been fitted to 5.5/6..

Wide feet, high in-step.. it's been a pain trying to find skates that fit (especially at this time, when stores are not really getting any shipments in).

Anyway, I think I'm starting to like the Nexus or Reeboks (2010 models). Specifically, I tried on a pair of 6D Reebok 7K+ Pumps.. can you shed some light on these, please, AIREAYE? They're $160 currently, and seem like a steal. Plus they fit pretty comfortably out of all the ones I've tried so far.

Unfortunately no stores have had anything in wide's, so I'm waiting to try some before I make a decision on the 7K+. The Nexus (5.5EE) felt probably a bit more comfortable than the reeboks, but the store only had the 800 in that size.. and I can't afford $400 for a pair of skates

Anyway, thanks again to this thread, and your help, AIREAYE. I'm very close to getting a pair of skates that fits, and I'm very excited.
Nice, I'm glad you took the time to try them and ask.

The 7K Plus was an SMU product I believe, an upper-mid end skate made especially for some retailers that was essentially a 7K with maybe an additional feature or two. For $160, they're a good deal. We had them back in my old store and they were solidly built skates.

Have you tried CCM? Bauer Supreme?

I would see when the store would get more in or if they could somehow wrangle a pair form somewhere for you to try. I wouldn't settle for the 7K until you've tried the other fits because you never know if something else could be better.