View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Hahahaha. True, but there IS still a difference between being unwilling and being willing, but not terribly effective.

I'd much rather the latter, because at least if you're willing, there's the ability to improve through weight training and experience, even if you'll never approach Milan Lucic status. I mean, Cally's a pretty darn good physical player for his size - hopefully Brassard can take a pointer or two from him.
Cally has that low center of gravity thing going for him, power comes from his legs and drives through guys. You also have to have those kind of instincts to play like Cally, IMO.

I see Darren Turcotte. Now, DT was never as talented as Brassard, let me say that so no one says I'm making an exact comparison.

DT was a very good forward for the Rangers in his day, he was a consistent 2nd line 60 point guy. Excelled on the PP. In fact he played the point with Leetch with the man advantage. He had a great shot, passing skill was almost as good. He was also the kind of player who did not hesitate to get into the dirty areas, although he was not built for that kind of game. Defensively, he was just passable. To his benefit, he was young, also around 22-25 yrs old when he played for us. Even though he enjoyed alot of success here Neil Smith found him expendable and he was the one to go in the Lamer deal, one of the best and least mentioned trades in Ranger history. After that Turcotte toiled around the league, never found a permanent spot, had a few injuries and was pretty much done at 30.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote