View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Averman
Ya, Yeo Betcha

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfish View Post
Wow. You are so underrating Saku Koivu it is hilarious. If MiG has anywhere near as good a career or becomes anywhere near the player Saku Koivu was it would be very surprising IMO.

Almost every time I log on here I'm amazed at how posters so extremely over-rate Wild prospects.
I get amazed with the finality with which obviously fickle people speak about kids who aren't old enough to buy beer without false identification.

Larsson seems to be a guaranteed hoss at the moment (which I agree with, every time I've seen him play there's consistent ruckus around the opponent's net that he's right in the middle of), while Phillips is completely dismissed/written off/derided despite getting the puck on net at a slightly lesser rate than Coyle and slightly better rate than Larsson (he's 5th on the team in shots on goal behind Zucker, Fontaine, McIntyre and Kampfer). I get that it's frustrating not to see the points there, but were people expecting him to keep pace or outproduce Larsson despite being a year behind him, not playing with the same caliber linemates and being expected to focus on aspects of his game that don't necessarily show up in the box score?

Averman is offline   Reply With Quote