View Single Post
Old
08-27-2006, 11:47 AM
jiggs 10

vCash: 500
I wear both, but I agree if you wear a PERSONALIZED NHL jersey, you'd better be pretty darn good. And that never seems to be the case. I guess it's the "cool" thing to wear old tattered practice jerseys (I know I do) from other leagues or camps you have been in. I will, however, sometimes wear an old NHL jersey, but only after I've had it quite a long time. They are heavy and hot, plus they are too expensive to get cut up in a $5 a night rental or pick-up game! I know a lot of the guys on my beer league team just wear our jersey for every skate (imagine how our locker room smells about March!), no matter who we are playing.

I second bringing both white and dark jerseys at all times. Come on, mesh practice jerseys costs $10! Go buy a black or navy blue one and just leave it in your bag! Nothing like playing with a group and having to remember that one guy in red is on YOUR team, but the yellow guy is on the OTHER team! And so on. Good thing I usually have 3 or 4 jerseys of various colors in my bag.

jiggs 10 is offline   Reply With Quote