View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 04:35 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I think signing him in the middle of a season was a mistake because it is a distraction and I don't see him in the team's plans 4 years down the line. I guess he could have made more in the off-season, but he's worth roughly what he signed for.

It's hard to call signing a player at their value a mistake though. Desharnais is playing like a $3.5M player.

What IS a mistake is Desharnais getting PP time right now at the expense of Eller and Galchenyuk, and what is also a mistake is Desharnais and Pacioretty being chained to the hip despite their so called chemistry leading to neither one producing.

Both of those can be blamed on Therrien though, not Bergevin or even Desharnais himself. MT has exceeded my expectations this year but he's not perfect, and this is the best example of that.
For one of the very rare occasions in this thread, I agree with something somebody says which isn't in favour of DD... though that possibly more have to do with how much baseless and ridiculous DD criticism is on this thread

Back on topic -- totally agree with you. If anything, it could also be interesting to see how DD plays with Bourque. Max Pac isn't above reproach this season, but DD should actually be the guy to help him in that regard, as he's the center.