View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 06:06 PM
BrindamoursNose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I noted that the Suter and Parise offer was a pipe dream..they had no real interest to come here..that is what the contention was. I already said Weber was a better attempt and didn't factor into Carle and Jagr being exposed to the market like they were....

Jagr absolutely does do something for us despite your belief he wouldn't...look what he did in Dallas and now he's doing in Boston. Moreover, G and Hartnell petitioned the GM to resign him b/c they felt he did do something for them and yet Holmgren pursued his pipe dream with Suter and Parise..

Anyway, you can disagree but I don't think you lay out a convincing argument given the needs of this team this season....
The interest from their end may not have been real, but the offer was. That kind of money could change someone's mind. It didn't because they got that money elsewhere. Oh well

Jagr doesn't help us. What does he do for the D? Sure didn't help that when he could barely skate in the playoffs last year. I know what G and Hartsy wanted, but its a short term option. Also, we needed the cash for Voracek if I remember correctly.

Point is, if Jagr gets us into the playoffs (in theory), I believe he would not put us over the top to be a true contender. Since he is ancient, it would have been a wasted signing in my eyes since we wouldn't have moved forward and he will likely retire very soon.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote