View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 05:52 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2501
Here's a lengthy article from last night...

http://therinkreport.blogspot.com/20...delete-49.html

Quote:
“My dad kind of bred me to be a football player,” Alt said. “That was kind of the plan. I had offers going through high school, and when it came down to it, it was hockey or football. My senior year, I got drafted (into the NHL). I had scholarship offers for football. I chose hockey. I’m glad I did.”

His father, however, was not exactly thrilled.

“We had probably 100 in the course of a couple months, trying to figure out what I was going to do,” the younger Alt said. “He was an unhappy man for a while, which I understand, but the more I’ve progressed and moved on in my career of hockey, he’s understood and become a big fan.”

Alt signed his first professional contract with the Philadelphia Flyers late last week, and inked an amateur try-out with the Phantoms Tuesday. He will spend the last two weeks of this season with Adirondack, and is a candidate to return to the Phantoms’ blue line for the 2013-14 campaign.

By signing those contracts, he opted to forgo his senior season at the University of Minnesota.

“I felt that the time was right for me to take the next step, move on to a smaller sheet,” Alt said. “Obviously, we’re used to playing on a big rink (at Minnesota). Playing a lot more games, whereas college it’s two a weekend. You’re only playing 40 games. It’s time to step up for me.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote