View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Galchenyuk now 6th among US centers... I know it will be a risk (he's still going to be 19 (just turning 20) when the Olympics starts), but this is US' chance to have an potentially game changer at the center position.

He's also tied for third in ES pts (19). Only Stepan (21) and Cullen (22) are better.
Still way, way too early to say. He's going to have to really elevate his game over the level of Kesler, Pavelski, Stepan, Backes. The one person I'd expect to get left off in the only possibility of Galchenyuk is Patches being left off. He's going to be fighting tooth and nail with Oshie, all the way into camp and I'd see Oshie getting the nod over Gally.

I think he's got a better shot at staying at center instead of being a fifth center playing the wing. Though Gally on open ice is an attractive option, we are heavy heavy heavy at wing. Locks are Backes, Kesler(if healthy) and He'll have to outplay Stepan, Pavelski, or Stastny, just to get consideration. His age will hurt him, I think. Currently Stastny would be easiest of those but Stepan has stepped it up(No pun intended) quite a bit. Then he will have to be better or equal to Pavelski and Stepan because as of right now, Stepan's having a break out year.

This is all moot if the rosters are expanded, in which case I see Oshie a foregone conclusion.