View Single Post
04-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Summer Grilling
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I think signing him in the middle of a season was a mistake because it is a distraction and I don't see him in the team's plans 4 years down the line. I guess he could have made more in the off-season, but he's worth roughly what he signed for.

It's hard to call signing a player at their value a mistake though. Desharnais is playing like a $3.5M player.

What IS a mistake is Desharnais getting PP time right now at the expense of Eller and Galchenyuk, and what is also a mistake is Desharnais and Pacioretty being chained to the hip despite their so called chemistry leading to neither one producing.

Both of those can be blamed on Therrien though, not Bergevin or even Desharnais himself. MT has exceeded my expectations this year but he's not perfect, and this is the best example of that.
I agree with you on this.

Very good post. Galchenyuk and Eller should be getting a shot on the PP based on results.

I dont think that his contract signing is a distraction for the players or the team. There is no reason for the players to be upset about it since DD is a team player and it is not an outrageous contract that would cause dissent among the team.

The only distraction caused by that signing is with a certain portion of the fanbase. With that said, fans being distracted is irrelevant.