View Single Post
04-10-2013, 06:40 PM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle
vCash: 1400
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
I'd love to see his save percentage when the score is tied. Or in clutch situations in general. He seems to go as the team goes.

I know it's been mentioned on here already, but I'm going to relay the DSF argument on SV%. Basically, a good SV% on a bad team is not the same as a good SV% on a good team. I fought tooth-and-nail as a Dubnyk fan against him on this, but I've come around.

Goalie A is playing more with the lead, facing concerted scoring chances on most shots. Goalie B is playing more with the deficit, and facing less urgent opponents.

Give up an early stinker against a defence-first team, fight all game in vain to tie it up, yet you're still outshot by ten. But only outchanced by a few. Who's the better goalie? Maybe your 5th best SV% goalie on a .400 team isn't so hot after all.

Obviously lacking a 1D or 2D is far more of a causal factor for lack of success, but if Khabibulin retires and our back-up plan is 60th out of 60 in the league (Hi there Danis), any lull that Dubnyk falls into will ruin our playoff chances.

No one's saying "Get rid of Dubnyk", he's still the starter. The team needs help in net, though.
Perhap's goalie B's team is taking more chances offensively in an effort to get back into the game, leading to more odd man rushes, breakaways, and higher quality scoring chances against than goalie A would be?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote