View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Clown Baby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Well, you contradicted your point by listing Simmonds and Sharp. Both of their draft year numbers were underwhelming as well. Not even ppg. So who's to say Laughton won't produce in the pros like them? If you had been paying attention to what he had done after his short stint with the Flyers, he went on a tear to finish the regular season and continued that all the way through the playoffs. He was a whole different player.
Those are two of the seventeen examples I provided, and one of those examples you're referencing was Patrick Sharp, a 17-year old B-list recruit playing in the ECAC. If that last part doesn't resonate with you at all, move along. You're out of your element.

Quote:
As for Couturier, Max Talbot put up a 104 and 98 point season in juniors, and he didn't become a big point producer at all. Albeit he was drafted much later than Couts and wasn't looked at as having the same potential. My point is, junior stats don't ALWAYS reflect what a player will be able to do in the pros. But, hey Im just an idiot
You said it. Not me.

In his draft year, Maxime put up 60 points in 65 games, which was good enough for 61st overall in league scoring. When it was time for Sean Couturier's draft, he had already led the QMJHL in scoring, was named the QMJHL MVP, and managed to scrounge together a fourth overall finish in point totals while recovering from mono.