View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 08:11 PM
DRWCountryClub

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Has a season to prove what? We're debating the offensive abilities of Justin Abdelkader and Jordin Tootoo. This is Abdelkader's 3rd 'full' season, Tootoo has been in the league for 9 years. There's more reasons to believe that Abdelkader has a better shot at actually being offensively competent than a guy who has a career high of 24 assists (!!!!) in one year.

Regardless, it's a stupid debate and an even stupider premise to think that either guy is a good fit on his line or better fit than the other. Who cares if Tootoo is slightly better, we're still debating if Tootoo or Abdelkader is "better" on a line with Pavel freaking Datsyuk. What's next?
I don't understand the cop out people are taking by exclaiming there is now point in debating who should be on Datsyuk's wing between the two. If Tootoo is better in a lot of areas, it makes sense that between him an Gator, he should be there.

I mean, considering the point of this player is to be a 'big body" and crash and bang, create space, it's actually a really simple answer when you take in the fact that Tootoo, like you pointed out, has more experience, has put up better numbers in a season than Gator, and actually hits hard, he should be there.

Heaven forbid we use statistics to help back up our point! My, oh my! I know this is the Wings board, full of empty rhetoric and hyperbole, so that might not fit.

If you don't like the debate...

DRWCountryClub is offline   Reply With Quote