Thread: Illegal Curve - TSN 1290: Dustin Byfuglien and the Trade Market
View Single Post
04-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Sharp Dressed Man
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by JCJet View Post
Eberle would be amazing, buff, postma and a 2nd for eberle and a 5th?
If I'm edmonton, I want nothing to do with Buff. They're not where they need to be now to take on guys at his age. They should have 5+ years of beasting out of the talent in that core if they do it right, (IMO doing it right means moving one of their top 2 overall pick forwards for someone who fills a different hole. D, likely, but for edmonton a younger one who will be peaking with his team in a few years makes more sense) and I don't think Buff offers that kind of longevity for them.

I do think they have too much of one thing and not enough of another, and they've got some extremely valueble trade pieces in their position of strength.

Heck if I had 4 CROSBY'S and had other holes, I'd STILL let go of one of my immense value players in exchange for strengthening the team overall.

I don't get why edmonton continues to suck. If you've got that kind of raw talent, either make it work, or move it for other raw talent that'll make it work.
I however, DO want Buff if I'm a team that expects to be a contender for the next 5 years. THAT is where his value lies in trade. If you're a team who is at their best right now, Buff will only make you more dangerous. I'd love Eberle here but I don't think that's who needs buff, and therefore would pay the most.

winterpeg is offline   Reply With Quote