View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
He also was the Avs leading goal scorer two years ago, and the third leading goal scorer last year. He's having a really bad year, I won't deny that, but I won't be the least bit surprised to see him bounce back next year after a full training camp and hopefully a new coach. He's not this bad a player and the Avs won't have cap issues next season. It's also much easier to trade a guy who has a bounce back year and with less years on his contract. His value is probably negative right now and I think you have to give him another year before buying him out.
Well hopefully he has a bounce back then, because spots are going to start being eaten up, it's up to Jones himself to keep above the competition and prove his worth. No better time to start than now, I think after this season all the young guys are going to be getting legitimate shots at the empty positions. Malone, Hishon, Sgarbossa, Vincour and possibly a MacKinnon or Drouin will push him out at this rate.

As far as wingers go that have played this year and could/should compete next year:

Landeskog
Parenteau
McGinn
Malone
McLeod
Mitchell
Downie
Palushaj
Jones

Adding some players too will only make him less useful. Unless he comes back and makes a guy expendable.