View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
From the scouting reports i've read at the prospects form, Forsberg is much more 'phyiscal' than Monahan. The swede posters call him a forsberg 'lite' (stress the word lite) because of how well he can protect the puck and take it to the net. Monahan will never be a guy to throw a big hit, much like toews. His speed and goal scoring ability aren't close to what Toews was/is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
He may, but I would put the word 'lite' on Monahan for the Toews comparison, if Monahan becomes half the player toews is that should be considered a success.
IMO Monahan is a better skater at 18 than Toews was. I don't think anybody thinks Monahan=Toews, or else he'd be ranked #1 or 2. It is a stylistic comparison, as you said, Toews lite. Monahan is 18 and has a lot of developing to do, Toews is an established NHL star.

I don't think Lindholm is 'much more physical than Monahan', with all due respect. Lindholm may be good at taking the puck to the net and protecting it with his body, but from what I've seen of him, he's not that physical. I have seen Monahan run people over though in the OHL, last season he was suspended for a few games for a vicious charge.