View Single Post
Old
04-10-2013, 11:45 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

vCash: 500
Jurco with a nice goal tonight off a rebound, assisted by Jarnkrok. Would've had the GTG later but the Griffins got ripped off - the refs blew the whistle when the puck was laying in the crease after a Ferraro backhand, Jurco tapped it in but was waved off.

Jurco is really breaking through and producing much more consistently recently, which is a sign of maturity. He's looking more like a goal scorer than playmaker at this level so far. That's not to say it will remain that way. Overall I have been very pleased with what we've seen out of Jurco this year. The skill is obvious, he's got good size, and from all accounts he's a very hard worker and good learner. If he can strengthen up a bit and work on his skating I wouldn't be surprised if he put up around .65+ PPG next year.

Mursak with a beauty play to get a rushing AA the puck, who potted a nice wrister. Mursak is a team-leading +14 in just 19 games played, really impressive and just what the Griffins needed. AA with his 10th goal and is now sitting near .5 PPG. Like the aforementioned Jurco, if he can work on his skating ability and beef up this summer he could see some time in Detroit next year and eventually maybe become a bottom pairing offensive-minded defenseman. I think he gets overlooked around here. He is having a tremendous rookie season for a guy who doesn't have overwhelming skill or physical tools - he's got hockey sense that you just can't teach.

Last edited by The Nose: 04-10-2013 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Added video.