View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 02:54 AM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg21Sakic19 View Post
Xokkeu, thanks for the information I've been to the area. My questions was more in regards to if some of the surrounding towns had significant accommodation options as well. There's actually a light rail thats been built between Sochi/Adler and the mountain venues in Krasnaya Polyana so accessibility shouldn't be an issue.

Sochi, while being a resort town, would need a ton of hotels built to support all of the traveling fans in the Olympics.
The light rail must be new because last time I was there the road up to Krasnaya Polyana was the only way and it was a rough go, although it was under construction.

There are hotels all along the road from Sochi to Tuapse as it's a main tourist route. Unfortunately most of them aren't really set up for people who want to move around and don't have cars. That's because A: many people bring their cars and B: most people don't want to go anywhere. They just want to sit on the beach.

The good news is that all the hotels will be empty outside of Olympic visitors because February is a dead month. I know one hotel owner who isn't even planning to rent his rooms out and is just inviting a few friends because he makes all of his money in the summer anyway.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote