View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 03:05 AM
Puck
Ninja

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
Seems like an interesting idea, but I'm still leaning towards getting the ps4. I care more about gaming and my decision will depend heavily on the exclusives for the consoles
I'm not going to be an early adopter. I decided I wasn't going to be a fanboi of either system, and will decide after the dust has settled. No backward compatibility on either system makes that decision easy.

The PC has returned as the gaming platform of choice for many. Most titles I've bought recently are for the PC. That will make holding off on the console decision easier. I will let early adopters work out the bugs, fight, complain and months later, after reading the reviews, weighing the pros and cons, I'll make a decision. I'm not going to swing like a pendulum, argue for months, worry about it.

Early software exclusives won't sway me, a month later someone else can come out with the latest and greatest must-have title. Most developers IMO will develop for several platforms, the new hardware makes coding for the PC, Sony and XBox easier, leaving one out just limits your market. MS and Sony's own studios might want to limit their market for ulterior motives, but others won't have that incentive (unless paid to do so but that should happen less and less IMO).

One other factor in the decision making process for many might be the differences in TV Entertainment Services offered by each. Something outside the gaming dimension. Another might be how well it integrates with other devices (tablets, phones, PC) in the home. Or the hardware add-ons that come with each. We'll see.