View Single Post
Old
08-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficklenfuddle View Post
Im guessing you are a man of stats! and or dont watch too much hockey.

As much as I enjoy Torres, I would never trade up PJ for him. I cant name 5 players that do a better job of shutting down a top line, and actually be some what decent in the offensive zone.

Basically, this is the battle cry of the homer: "If you don't agree that the players on my team are the best in the world, than you obviously don't watch much hockey...."

I've watched both players quite a bit. Axelsson is a good defensive winger and that is it. He is not elite. He is not top five. He is nowhere near that caliber.

And, Torres, is a young, very inexpensive PF winger who scored 27 last year and looks like he could score 35 in the near future.

BTW, notice that I specifically emphasized TRADE VALUE in my post - not on ice impact. Torres youth and high potential would factor in a deal like this in a major way.

I'm sure I'm going to evoke some flames from a few of the more agressive homers on this board. But, you guys are kiding yourselfs if you think a solid defensive winger could bring anywhere near this return.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote