View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 10:11 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
More speculation by Jeff Capellini of WFAN in New York about the major offseason the Isles are believed to have:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/04/...with-no-floor/

And looking even further into the future, there’s this widely held belief that owner Charles Wang won’t start spending meaningful money until the team moves to Brooklyn after the 2014-15 season. All I can say to that is don’t believe everything you hear. People I’ve spoken to who have a better understanding of the team’s front office mindset than most media members and diehard fans have told me the Isles are in a position to make a lot of noise this summer.

Expect the Islanders to be more active this summer than you’ve seen in years. Expect them to find an upgrade for Boyes on the top line, to perhaps spend or trade their way to acquiring a solid stay-at-home defenseman and to add more help in net. And for those wondering about all the talent the Isles have at Bridgeport, expect those players to get shots to make the club next fall, but don’t expect there to be as many open slots as was figured to be the case before.
Missouri state motto..show me

Jeff Capellini says they'll spend, while Staple says they won't.

The isles offering Streit $5m per, says they will do some spending. Either Streit takes their $5m offer or they can put it towards another team need. If Wang thinks he has a buyer lined up and will be out of the Coliseum lease, it would give him greater incentive to spend.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote